General Motors has updated the Chevrolet Spark for the 2021 model year in its home market of South Korea, introducing two new trims that feature revised styling cues.
The Spark retains the exterior first seen on the 2019 facelift (Image: GM Authority)
The fresh additions to the Spark lineup are called Red Pick and My Fit, both based on the Premier variant. The two new trims retain the same exterior facelift introduced back in 2019, but emphasize the sportier side of the subcompact hatchback.
Compared to the standard Spark, both offer blacked-out Chevrolet bowtie logos, black grille edges, black external mirrors, black badging, and black 16-inch alloy wheels (with red accents on the Red Pick and silver on the My Fit).
Multiple accessories and accents such as front wings, lip spoilers, and side skirts allow owners to customize their Chevrolet Spark according to their own individual style.
The Red Pick variant has a more understated air
Interior changes are minimal save for the black bowtie logo on the steering wheel, as well as two-tone floor mats. Improvements across the range include new LED lighting, eight airbags, and a seatbelt warning system that also includes the rear passengers.
Chevrolet has also expanded the Spark’s color palette, which means that the model is now offered in a choice of 10 body colors, with two new shades introduced – Wonderland Blue and Sunset Orange. Moreover, a two-tone body option is also available, combining any of the selected base colors with a black roof.
The My Fit trim exudes a sportier look compared to the regular Spark (Image: GM Authority)
In contrast to PH-spec versions powered by 1.4L LV7 inline-4 gasoline engine yielding 98 hp and 127 Nm of torque, South Korean units come with a 1.0L turbocharged 3-cylinder motor that generates 73 hp and 95 Nm of pull.
Transmission options include a 5-speed manual or a C-TECH continuously variable transmission (CVT) manual 8-gear speed ratio.
With the two new variants, the Spark now has a total of six trim levels for the South Korean market, with approximate pricing in Philippine pesos:
- Spark base – 9,820,000 KRW (Php 408,162.84)
- Spark LS – 10,600,000 KRW (Php 440,583.10)
- Spark LT – 11,250,000 KRW (Php 468,000)
- Spark Premier – 12,740,000 KRW (Php 529,531)
- Spark Red Pick – 14,830,000 KRW (Php 616,400.70)
- Spark My Fit – 14,870,000 KRW (Php 618,063.28)
Would you like Chevrolet Philippines to bring the 2021 Spark here? Visit Philkotse.com section to get more updates on the automotive industry.
- Expiring Chevrolet warranties extended by 2 months due to COVID-19 Mar 24, 2020
- The Chevrolet Trax: A decent car that no-one noticed Feb 28, 2020
- Chevrolet SUV Philippines: Two top choices for Filipino car buyers Dec 10, 2019
- Chevrolet Philippines price list - August 2020 May 07, 2019
- Top 5 Most Fuel-Efficient Hatchbacks in the Philippines Sep 10, 2018