Ford Ranger: A contender for the best pick-up truck of the year
- One of the more powerful models available in the Philippine market right now. Especially true with the bi-turbo.
- Has the bi-turbo like the Raptor for less the price combined with more cargo-carrying capacity.
- Strangely enough, the top of the line Wildtrak has more in the way of safety features specifically driver-assist features.
- Despite smaller looking, the Ford Ranger Wildtrak can still hold a candle up to similarly-sized pick-up trucks.
Ford Ranger: Powerful and can still be used to haul a LOT of stuff
As we’ve said before, the Ford Ranger Raptor is a contender for best pick-up truck of the year cause it is equipped with a highly competent suspension system designed to take on rough roads fast. Think of those “Baja trucks,” that’s exactly what the Ranger Raptor it’s like. This is thanks to its sport suspension courtesy of fox.
The Wildtrak, the XLT, and the XLS might not have sports suspension like Raptor, but they do have a pair of really strong rear leaf springs
In comparison, the Ford Ranger Wildtrak’s suspension is a simpler double wishbone w/ coil-springs at the front and beefy leaf springs at the rear. While indeed, this combination is vastly simpler, it enables the Wildtrak, the XLT, and the XLS variants to haul SIGNIFICANTLY more than the Ranger Raptor ever will.
>>> Click here to read Ford Ranger Philippines reviews by our experts
Carrying sacks of rice? No problem. Piles and piles of bananas? No Problem!
In fact, the Raptor’s payload capacity is rated only 766 kg while all of the other Rangers can carry up to 1,120 kg.
Ford Ranger: A perfect balance of practicality, affordability, and performance
The top-spec Wildtrak which we know has the same 2.0-liter bi-turbo engine as the Ranger Raptor making the same power coupled with the same 10-speed tranny.
However, it is obviously a much more affordable buy than the Raptor. Plus, as we’ve said before, the “vanilla” Ford Ranger can do so much more than the Raptor in terms of work-related duties.
Also, the Ranger Wildtrak Bi-turbo has a lot of driver-assist features. Some of which are lacking from the Raptor
>>> Check out for the latest updates in Ford Ranger Philippines price
To top it all off, the Wildtrak 2.0L Bi-turbo 4x4 AT can tow 3,500 kg. That’s 1,000 kg more than the Raptor.
To find out if the Ford Ranger is indeed the best truck of 2019, keep reading here on Philkotse.com.
- Ford Ranger Raptor 2019: A contender for the best pick-up truck of 2019! Dec 20, 2019
- [Ford Promo] Ford Balintawak dealership offering intruguing SRP till Jan 5th, 2020 Dec 12, 2019
- Beefy Ford Ranger "Raptor" Lariat FX4 displayed at SEMA 2019 Nov 27, 2019
- Nissan Navara vs Ford Ranger: High tech vs more tech, which one is better? Jul 27, 2020
- Spec showdown: Mitsubishi Strada vs Ford Ranger in the Philippines Aug 03, 2020