- Thinking of becoming a driver for Grab or Uber;
- Unable to afford or not planning to buy a brand-new car;
- Not sure which pre-owned vehicles will the best and most efficient choice.
We do not recommend purchasing a brand-new car just to drive for Grab or Uber. If you happen to buy an all-new car and you want to make some extra cash ubering, that’s fine. But purchasing a new vehicle for the solely purpose of ubering is plainly wasteful. We mean it’s not worth purchasing a new vehicle to be putting mileage on it for P5.70 per km with UberX or P13.75 per km with UberBlack in Manila.
For a Grab or Uber driver, the most crucial and substantial investment is a car. And to make sure this investment is cost-effective and productive, the car you’re buying for Grab or Uber must be fuel efficient along with being roomy, safe and comfortable, and as well nice to maintain a good Uber/Grab rating.
>>> Must read: Grab driver Requirements & Application process
It is clearly seen that there is a big difference between what you want in your personal car and a car that you will use for Grab or Uber. There is huge difference between traditional taxis and Uber/Grab rides as well.
You cannot just randomly pick a vehicle which will be used for Uber/Grab. With dozens of cars being pegged as ideal to be used as rideshare vehicles, Philkotse.com has narrowed our choices down to the Ford EcoSport, Honda Jazz, Hyundai Accent, Honda City, Toyota Vios, and Toyota Avanza.
1. Ford EcoSport
2. Honda Jazz
3. Hyundai Accent
4. Honda City
5. Toyota Vios
6. Toyota Avanza
- Grab TNVS equipped recording devices. Suzuki ends 2019 with higher sales Jan 15, 2020
- Top 4 Best Sub-Compact Sedans for Ride-Sharing in the Philippines Oct 02, 2019
- Uber taken over by Grab in Asia-Pacific Mar 27, 2018
- How much can you earn per month as a Grab/Uber driver in the Philippines? Aug 04, 2020
- SM in collaboration with Grab to give mall-goers free and discounted rides. Jan 22, 2018