Now that the lifting of the enhanced community quarantine is just a few days away, and with other areas now under a downgraded general community quarantine, many automotive dealerships have started to release their guidelines on their operations.
With this initiative, people who will visit auto dealerships post-lockdown will still be able to continue the efforts to prevent the further spreading of the virus.
Maxus said that its dealerships will adopt “new normal” operations upon reopening. Maxus Philippines’ GM Reginald See said that Maxus dealerships will implement guidelines to guarantee the safety of its employees, business partners, and customers. Maxus’ guidelines include the following:
- Customers will be required to wear facemasks. If they forget to bring one, Maxus will provide.
- Customers will be screened for body temperature. If the reading exceeds 37°C, the customer shall be refused entry.
- Social distancing will strictly be implemented.
- Hand sanitizers will be made accessible in dealerships.
- Aftersales services are by appointment only. Customers are advised to call their Maxus dealers first.
You might want to check the Maxus T60 if you plan to visit its dealerships
Maxus Philippines also reassured its valued customers that its staff, sales, service, and delivery crew follow safety protocols for safe operations in its dealerships.
Moreover, Kia Philippines also said that it will adopt “new normal” operations to ensure the health and safety of its employees, business partners, customers, and the general public.
Manny Aligada, President of Kia Philippines, reassured everyone that its showrooms and facilities are safe as its dealer network strictly follows safety protocols.
Strictly follow dealerships' safety rules
Kia Philippines issued a 9-Step Guide to Facility Preparation before allowing its employees to report for work. Some of the steps include disinfection of all areas, posting proper markings for physical distancing, and providing hand washing solutions.
In addition, Kia will also implement a ‘no mask, no entry’ policy.
Kia customers who wish to view the vehicles they’re considering are advised to set an appointment with their sales consultant beforehand so as to avoid a large number of people in its showrooms at a given time.
Here at Philkotse.com, we value your interest in the automotive industry. You can visit our website to find out more.
- LTO: 60-day grace period for license, registration renewal after ECQ May 05, 2020
- DOTr issues updated GCQ guidelines for land transport May 04, 2020
- A Filipino designed a pickup truck concept called Hyundai Tarlac Apr 30, 2020
- 2020 Maxus T60 could be your next pickup truck and here’s why Apr 15, 2020
- Subaru, Suzuki, and Kia extend warranty and PMS amid COVID-19 crisis Mar 31, 2020