Volkswagen PH's New Normal
In the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the Philippines is slowly coming out of the enhanced community quarantine, which is then replaced by the general community quarantine.
With that in place, Volkswagen Philippines is set once again to open its operations. But like most businesses resuming operations, the company will be operating under new guidelines in order to protect its customers, employees, as well as its business partners.
Once the ECQ is lifted, customers can once again view and be treated with the high level of service that Volkswagen offers, as well as its exciting roster of German marque vehicles all the while being protected from the novel coronavirus threat.
One such Volkswagen Dealership that has already opened is Volkswagen Cagayan de Oro
In a message to Volkswagen dealerships in the country, the company’s president Felipe Estrella says that:
“The current situation has transformed and altered the condition and behavior of the global population, businesses, the market, and the consumers in general. The sense and assurance of safety in gatherings, social contact, crowds and visits to establishments may never be the same in the near future as a result of the pandemic. The same will apply to our businesses, including our most valued dealerships.”
Estrella also added that it is vital for the company to create an environment that prioritizes the health and safety of its customers and practically everyone visiting its many facilities spread throughout the Philippines.
Volkswagen Philippines’ safety protocols
To minimize the risk of being exposed to the virus in question, here are the safety guidelines that anyone entering Volkswagen Philippines facilities will have to follow:
- The donning of facemask.
- Body temperature will be taken before entry and hands will be disinfected with alcohol. Customers with body temperatures above 37 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Physical distancing will be strictly implemented. As such, only two persons are allowed per table, everyone shall maintain physical distance even inside vehicles, as well as in showrooms and service bays.
- Facilities will regular foot traffic shall be disinfected regularly. The same goes for seats and tables.
- Cashless transactions will be encouraged.
- Vehicles assigned for test drives will be thoroughly sanitized.
All Volkswagen dealership personnel are advised to practice health and safety protocols for businesses as stipulated in the general community quarantine’s guidelines as well as on the Volkswagen Philippine’s Dealership Sales and Aftersales Operations Guide and Recommendations.
>>> Related: Most affordable Volkswagen to be found here!
VW Philippines sells cars like the Lamando, the Santana, Lavida, and the Tiguan
As of May 4, 2020, Volkswagen Cagayan de Oro is already operating from Mondays to Saturdays (9:00 AM to 4:00 PM). The said dealership is located in Misamis Oriental in Mindanao and is now under GCQ.For more information, visit www.volkswagen.com.ph.
For more automotive news, and the latest updates from the Philippine car industry, keep reading here on Philkotse.com.
- Ford PH opens 14 dealerships in selected areas under GCQ May 07, 2020
- Honda PH issues ‘new normal’ as some dealerships reopen under GCQ May 07, 2020
- Toyota PH implements new SOPs as dealerships open after ECQ May 07, 2020
- 4 Volkswagen concept cars at the 2019 SEMA show you need to check out Nov 19, 2019
- What is Volkswagen planning for Lamborghini? IPO maybe? Oct 16, 2019