Nissan Thailand announced that it will extend its temporary production suspension in response to the Thai government for the safety of its employees, customers, and its community – which means that Nissan won’t be able to resume the production of the Terra and Navara just yet.
The 2020 Nissan Terra
In its statement, Nissan said that the suspension of production at Plant 2 in Samut Prakan will be extended from May 4 to May 30, 2020, while the production at Plant 1 in Samut Prakan will continue to meet current demand level.
Nissan is confident that it will meet the demand of its Thai customers amid its production suspension.
"Our goal is to resume normal business operations as soon as possible, but ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all our employees, their families and Thai society is our priority right now given the COVID-19 pandemic," said Ramesh Narasimhan, the president of Nissan in Thailand.
The 2020 Nissan Navara
Nissan has already implemented work-from-home policy for its office employees. To ensure the safety and well-being of customers and employees in its showrooms and service centers across Thailand, Nissan has taken the following the preventive measures in aid to fight the COVID-19:
- Disinfecting the service center every 30 minutes
- Temperature checking all employees and customers when they enter the dealership
- Ensuring that staff wear face masks at all times
- Providing alcohol gel throughout the premises
- Disinfecting key vehicle touch points like the steering wheel, gear shift, seats, door handles, and front console panels.
As of May 4, 2020, there are 2,969 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Thailand – 2,739 of which have recovered and there are 54 confirmed deaths. With those numbers in mind, it seems like Thailand is doing an excellent job in handling the current health crisis.
COVID-19 Cases Worldwide Tracker (Updated: 4/5/2020)
Here at Philkotse.com, we value your interest in the automotive industry. You can visit our website to find out more.
- Is this the fourth-generation 2021 Nissan X-Trail? Apr 17, 2020
- Nissan Philippines gives 30-day PMS, warranties, loan payment extensions Mar 27, 2020
- Nissan Philippines price list - July 2020 May 10, 2019
- Nissan Terra price in the Philippines - 2020 May 09, 2019
- Nissan Navara Price in the Philippines - 2020 Jul 31, 2018