As motorists, we all know by now that one will need a radio-frequency identification sticker (RFID) in order to use the tollways in Luzon. After December 1, the Department of Transportation says that RFIDs will become mandatory, and traveling on a tollway without one is tantamount to a citation ticket.
13 Frequently Asked Questions on RFIDs for Philippine Expressways
However, many are yet to acquire an RFID sticker. Sadly though, the lines on the RFID installation sites remain to be long. So yes, getting an RFID has been a laborious and time-consuming affair.
Be reminded that after December 1, tollways will require an RFID
In order to fix this issue, Easytrip has come up with the “Online RFID Registration and Appointment System” or ORRAS. Here are the four easy steps on how to use ORRAS:
1. Scan the Easytrip QR code with your phone. This QR code can be found on the Easytrip Facebook page, the company’s official website, and on the official Facebook pages of Cavite Expressway, North Luzon Expressway, and Cavite-Laguna Expressway.
2. Fill up the registration form.
3. After submitting the accomplished form, you can then choose the date, time, and location for your appointment with Easytrip.
Note that ORRAS is only available in these venues:
Customer Service Centers:
Easytrip RFID Installation Sites
4. You will then receive a confirmation email containing a QR code. Keep that code because you have to present that to Easytrip personnel during your scheduled appointment.
This QR code will bring you to the Easytrip registration website. Another QR code will be given after registering
Easytrip ORRAS: Important Reminders
1. On the day of your scheduled appointment, Easytrip and DOTr reminds motorists to observe social distancing. It is recommended that one should stay in his/her vehicle until an Easytrip assistant approaches you to scan your QR code.
2. Just like the normal process, one should prepare the initial load for the RFID. That’s Php 200 for CAVITEX and CALAX, and Php 500 for NLEX.
3. It is recommended that one should be on the RFID installation site at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment. A no show or a late arrival of more than 10 minutes of the appointment schedule will forfeit the online booking.
4. Easytrip sites using the ORRAS will not entertain walk-in applications.
For more automotive news, keep reading here on Philkotse.com.
Cesar G.B. Miguel