It was not until Los Angeles Auto Show 2018 did Kia finally revealed its latest crossover Kia Soul 2020. Kia insists that this is an all-new model running on an all-new platform, though a lot of people are slightly unsupportive of their statement.
It was teaser after teaser before they finally blew away the curtains on this one. The new model retains the same box-shaped body that's generic to Kia lineups. However, there are a couple of tweaks that were made the boxy body snazzier to the eyes. There are also subtle changes under the hood that upgraded the performance. In case you aren't "in-the-know" of the company's most recent update, below are the adjustments made to the 2020 model.
The new model retains the same box-shaped body that's generic to Kia models
2020 Kia Soul: First Look
- The front now has a two-tier design specifically for the headlights.
- The headlights are sharper, more edgy and sleeker in design instead of the big, circular headlights from its predecessor.
- The windows black panel reaches all the way to the edge of the sides which makes a "floating roof" illusion.
- A humble "Soul" lettering is embedded on the black-colored plastic that will mostly be noticed by keen-eyed guests.
- The new Kia Soul 2020 retains its headlights but with a minor tweak. It is still horizontal but is connected to a slightly-tilted horizontal part; making a boomerang-shaped tail light.
- It is now equipped with 2 exhausts and is located in the middle of the rear bumper.
- There are also new 18-inch wheels that deliver a sportier look.
The headlights are sharper, more edgy and sleeker in design
Third-gen Kia Soul is now equipped with 2 exhausts in the middle of the rear bumper
- Most of the interior remains the same as the current Kia Soul model, including both center console and the dashboard.
- If you can pay high enough, there's also the more expensive variant where there are a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Harman Kardon speakers and a head's up view of 8 inches.
Soul 2020 shares the sane Interior with the old version
- The third-gen Kia Soul is available with either turbocharged gas or turbodiesel.
- Turbocharged 2.0-l is able to produce out 147 PS and 179 Nm of torque, transferred by a manual six-speed transmission. Meanwhile, 1.6-l turbodiesel makes 201 PS and 264 Nm torque with a 7-speed automatic dual clutch.
2 options of engine systems are available for new Kia Soul 2020
Know more about Kia Soul 2022
The Kia Soul is known for its distinct, boxy look that makes it easily stand out among its competitors in the subcompact crossover segment. It has always represented the fun side of the Korean brand while still showcasing the performance quality and engineering it has become known for. With the release of a refreshed model, it takes its quirkiness and iconic design language merged with sleeker aesthetic modifications to modernize the look. Locally, there are three variants offered which are the top-spec GL VGT CRDi DCT, the SL VGT CRDi DCT, and the base SL VGT CRDi MT. It is powered by a 1.6-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine and can be had in either manual or automatic transmission.