The FK8 Honda Civic Type R 2017 has officially come to our neighboring country Malaysia. As we informed you before, Malaysia is the only market to honorably receive this special version of the Civic Type R, apart from Japan.
Malaysia is the only market to honorably receive this special version of the Civic Type R
FIRST LOOK: 2017 Honda Civic Type R FK8 in Malaysia
>>> Related posts:
- Admire FK8 Honda Civic Type R 2017 in Malaysia
- Complete guide to the current PH-market Honda Civic Type R
Powering the new Honda Civic Type R is a 2.0-liter VTEC turbo engine which is able to dish out up to 310 PS @ 6,500 rpm and 400 Nm @ 2,500 – 4,500 rpm. The engine works in conjunction with a close-ratio 6-speed manual gearbox.
Powering the new Honda Civic Type R is a 2.0-liter VTEC turbo engine
In terms of acceleration, this performance hatchback can do the 0-100 km/h sprint in a tamer 5.7 seconds before hitting a top speed of 272 km/h. With this ability, the new FK8 Honda Civic Type R is now holding the record for the quickest FF vehicle to conquer the Nurburgring within 7 minutes and 43.8 seconds.
The FK8 Honda Civic Type R 2017 is pegged at RM320,000 (P3,912,559)
The FK8 Honda Civic Type R 2017 is pegged at RM320,000 (P3,912,559). In fact, this price is 60% more than that of the FD2 Honda Civic Type R when it debuted 10 years ago. The new hatch comes fully with a package of 5-year unlimited mileage warranty and 10,000-km service interval.
Honda Malaysia has received a total of 60 bookings for the new Civic up to now
According to latest car news, since reservations for the new Civic started being accepted last month, Honda Malaysia has received a total of 60 bookings up to now. Latest updates on upcoming Honda cars can be found in our Complete guide to the Honda Philippines' local lineup.
- Here's what a Spoon Honda Civic Type R FK8 would look like Sep 28, 2020
- Meet the very track-oriented Honda Civic Type R TC Sep 28, 2020
- Acura NSX Type R 2021: Everything you need to know about Dec 27, 2019
- Type R Lite? All you need to know about the new-release Honda Accord 2020 Sep 24, 2020
- Honda Civic Type R 2020: Spotted with smaller rear wing Sep 25, 2020