Toyota Corolla Altis 2020: Compact Sedan contender for car of the year
- Available with both tradition and the future in mind with the 1.6 DOHC and hybrid engine
- Packed to the brim with safety features, even for the entry level
- Unparalleled Fuel Economy at this segment.
- Priced to undercut all its rivals
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020: Bringing sexy back
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020 was introduced with driving enjoyment in mind. They have vowed to no longer make “boring” cars as this has been the perception of the brand the past few decades. Toyota was listening and boy did they heed the call.
For one thing the styling of the Toyota Corolla Altis shies away from the dull and mundane. It still holds the same 3 box design but the design but its lines are more purposeful, each body panel more athletic and dare I say sexy? Toyota is back.
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020 brings sexy back
>>> Think other Compacts are better? Check these other contenders:
- Honda Civic RS Turbo 2019: Philkotse's contender for 2019 compact sedan of the year
- Mazda 3 2020: A contender for the best compact car for 2019
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020: More than the sum of its parts
The Toyota Corolla Altis has 2 flavors; Green and Sleeper. The Green flavor comes with a 1.8 liter Atkinson Cycle engine paired with an electric motor and makes 134 hp and 207 Nm of pull. These power figures can give you ample acceleration but more importantly unmatched fuel economy.
According to tests, driving the Corolla Altis Hybrid in grid-lock EDSA traffic will give you more or less 12 km/l, that number is mind-blowing. For a compact sedan with that much weight and power, it is unprecedented.
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020 has to be driven to be experienced
You also have the classic 1.6 liter DOHC petrol variant which I believe is powers one of the most slept on sedans ever. We rarely get a good 1.6 liter compact car anymore and Toyota reminds you that yes, it still exists and yes you can still have fun while driving.
The power rating wont knock your socks off but the point of driving a 1.6 Compact Sedan is enjoying the experience. The Toyota Corolla Altis, no matter what you choose or how you add it up, never really does add up. It seems to be so much more.
>>> Get a Toyota only with PHP 5,000 at Toyota Silang Cavite right in our Toyota promo!
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020: Unmatched resale value
Toyotas seem to be immune or at least less susceptible to depreciation and the effects of inflation. Every patriarch will tell you that Toyotas are bulletproof and tough.
I wouldn’t go that far, though I still think that if all cars are treated with tender loving care they will outlive even the owner itself, but it is this perception that matters. The fact that everyone and their dad perceives Toyotas to be such gives them their great resale value.
Everyone and their dad will tell you that Toyotas are bulletproof
There are so many things about the Toyota Corolla Altis that in my opinion, warrants the award of car of the year. The fact that it gets us talking this way about a compact and undercuts its rivals in price, kit and technology, makes me want to get out and break my bank account and drive one home.
For more car of the year articles like this one, keep reading here on Philktose.com.
- Car of the Week | 2010 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G Oct 19, 2020
- Toyota updates 200,000 km/5 year warranty for Toyota Corolla Altis Hybrid 2020 batteries Sep 15, 2020
- Toyota Motors Philippines officially unveils the Toyota Corolla Altis 2020 Sep 15, 2020
- Toyota Altis 2018 Philippines: Price, Specs review, Release date, Interior, Exterior, Pros & Cons Sep 24, 2020
- 2015 Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0 V: Higher price yet money well spent Sep 07, 2020