According to car news from Volkswagen, the new VW Tiguan will get an all-new engine for the 2018 year model. Specifically, the 2018 VW Tiguan will come with a 2.0-liter TSI four-cylinder engine – the latest 3B version of EA888 unit.
The new Tiguan will get an all-new engine for the 2018 year model
Initially introduced in the CC sedan in 2009, the fuel economy of the 2.0L TSI engine is now considerably improved with 20% boost in maximum torque, compared to the current 1.8L TSI engine in the VW Golf, Beetle, Jetta and Passat.
>>> View more: The new Up GTI packs in upcoming Volkswagen vehicles
The German automaker has confirmed that the most important parts of the engine have been upgraded, including the cast-iron block, the valve springs, the aluminum-alloy pistons and cylinder head.
The new TSI engine will run on VW’s unique Miller combustion cycle in order to facilitate the driving in all conditions. Another striking feature of this new engine is the modern valve timing system on the intake camshaft, which can lengthen the time of fuel load.
The new TSI engine will run on VW’s unique Miller combustion cycle.
The 2.0L TSI engine can push out 184 hp at 4,400 rpm and 300 Nm of torque at 1,600 rpm. For now, it will be the only engine available in the new 2018 VW Tiguan and is expected to come with VW’s future models.
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan first to get 2.0-liter TSI engine
- Which 2021 Ford EcoSport variant should you buy? [Comparison Guide] Oct 20, 2020
- Chery to re-enter Philippine car market and they're offering a huge surprise! Nov 28, 2019
- Top 6 affordable subcompact hatchbacks 2020 in the Philippines Aug 04, 2020
- 5 most affordable Chinese car brands in the Philippines Aug 04, 2020
- Nissan Juke and Subaru XV, which is better for you? Oct 22, 2020