There's a wide variety of four-wheeled vehicles in the market and you're a driving newbie who just got his license. Are you ready to stop being a passenger in someone else's car and be the driver of your own? If you're thinking yes, it may be the time for you to head out and find your ride!
Be reminded though that not all cars are the same - some are actually harder to maneuver than others. You might want to settle with something more suitable for you like the Philkotse.com's top picks below. Your ideal car might just be one of them!
1. Toyota Vios
Toyota has built its name on durability that can withstand time and minor accidents. Those are some of the things that make it appropriate for beginner drivers. The Toyota Vios is also a dependable unit that can guarantee you an efficient run for every gallon of fuel.
Let's take a look at Toyota Vios - one of the easiest cars to drive for beginners
If you want something that you can use, minus the showy design and fast top speed, then the Toyota Vios is the car for you. For a closer look, let's take a good read about the other features that make this car perfect for this list.
- The sedan-type vehicle has four doors and can comfortably seat five people.
- It has airbags all around, and we mean that in every sense of the word. It has airbags installed on all the seats. This includes side-impact airbags as well as more airbags for knee protection. To top it all, the unit is also built with a curtain shield.
- The rear doors are equipped with child-lock technology to keep children from accidentally opening the door and endangering themselves.
- The interior is accentuated with fine leather trimmings. The shift knob and lever are nicely covered with genuine leather.
- It also has a six-speaker audio system that can make any tune loud and crisp.
- A push start power button makes driving more modern along with a smart entry door-locking system.
The Toyota Vios is also a dependable unit that can guarantee you an efficient run for every gallon of fuel
>>> Don't you know: 5 reason why Toyota Vios is one of the best-selling cars in the Philippines?
2. Honda City
If you can allow a bigger budget for your first car, you can go for a Honda City. It's classy, elegant and packs a powerful 1.5-liter engine. You'll also be amazed at how fuel-efficient it is when treading on long, flat highways. The overall look of the car also delivers an inviting aura and it's also spacious inside.
In fact, it's one of the winning features of the Honda City model that makes it a great competitor against bigger cars like SUVs and hatchbacks. This is one great investment that can help you stay on top of your goals every day for a long time. Here are just some of the highlights that should make you want to drive a Honda City;
If you can allow a bigger budget for your first car, you can go for a Honda City
- It has comfortable seats with full-leather upholstery and an added headrest for the rear passengers.
- The unit also has both an AC and a heater. You can choose when you feel that the weather is getting too hot or the rain pour is giving you chills.
- Rolling windows up and down has never been easier with the Honda City's power windows fitted for both the front and rear pair.
- The fog lamps installed at the front also makes you visible even in heavy weather conditions like heavy rain and fog.
- It runs on an FWD (front-wheel drive) transmission with a five-speed gearbox.
- The unit has disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear for extra safety.
- The large fuel tank has a maximum capacity of forty liters.
- The interior is tailored with premium beige trim for the seats. It also has armrests for the passenger seats.
Honda City has comfortable seats with full-leather upholstery and an added headrest for the rear passengers
>>> If you want to know more about this car, please visit our Honda City reviews.
3. Ford Fiesta
The Ford Fiesta cost more than your average easy-to-drive car. However, the features are sure to compensate for the amount of almost one million pesos. The exterior delivers a slightly intimidating look to any first-time driver but it gets easier once you drive it.
The Ford Fiesta cost more than your average easy-to-drive car
Ford has a reputation for manufacturing big and bulky vehicles that withstand and overcome different challenges of harsh terrains. It looks like they've found a way to incorporate that dependability and performance into a unit that's lesser in size hence, the Ford Fiesta. Some of the other features that the Ford Fiesta boasts are the following;
- You can choose from nine brilliant colors namely; Winning Blue, Panther Black, Frozen White, Ingot Silver, Red Candy, Mustard Olive, Mars Orange,
- You can go a long way before your next refill if you gas up with 43Liters - which is the tank's full capacity.
- The Ford Fiesta is available in both automatic and manual transmission. The automatic transmission revolves around the 6-speed Powershift Automatic that even has a Select Shift technology. The manual transmission, on the other hand, consists of a 5-speed transmission.
- It's accessible by Smart Keyless Entry so you never have to worry about taking your fob key out of your pocket again. This feature works hand in hand with the Push-Start button technology, eliminating the need for keys.
- Safety should never come second, especially if it's your kids concerned. Ford kept this in mind so they also had ISOFIX Child Seat Anchorage built in to strap car baby seats tightly.
- Inside the Ford Fiesta, you can find SYNC technology for your multimedia enjoyment. This is paired with the latest Bluetooth technology along with voice control configuration.
The features are sure to compensate for the amount of almost one million pesos
>>> Refer to our monthly-updated Ford Fiesta price in the Philippines.
4. Kia Picanto
The Kia Picanto is a hatchback that takes on smaller body size. Due to this, one would think that it's a cramped vehicle even though it's actually very roomy. Kia mainly puts their pride on their Picanto line-up for three factors - the powerful performance, the compact dimensions and the ease of maneuverability.
Whether it's on the smooth asphalt of the highway or the hilly terrain of the provinces, the Kia Picanto promises to be the only vehicle you need and more. Learn more about this compact hatchback by reading its specs below:
- The unit is equipped with manual temperature control. It comes in an easy-to-use console with a knob manipulator and simple graphics for easy reference.
- It also has a stalk ring which you can switch on. This will activate a sensor that gauges the environment and turns on your rear lights or headlights depending on the lighting conditions.
The Kia Picanto is a hatchback that takes on a smaller body size
>>> Let's check the latest Picanto price changes in the Philippines right here!
- Brand consciousness: What different car brands are known for? Mar 22, 2021
- Car debate: 9 top reasons why Toyota is the undisputed best car brand Oct 20, 2022
- Off-road driving: A complete guide for beginners Aug 16, 2022
- Top 5 Best Used Cars Under PHP 250,000 on Philkotse Dec 28, 2022
- Beginner’s guide to defensive driving in the Metro May 24, 2023