With the country’s shift to transition to a cashless transaction in all toll roads, it is important to know the different ways to add balance to your account. One of the easiest ways you can do just that is by using online payment services such as PayMaya.
Paymaya is available on Google Play and App Store
PayMaya was first founded in 2007 and is currently under the telco company Smart Communications. Fortunately, you can use PayMaya to reload your Easytrip RFID so you can access the said toll operator’s expressways in the country.
These expressways include the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX), Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX), C5 Link, and Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), all managed by the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC).
You are required to have an Easytrip RFID sticker to use its expressways
To help you get started, here are five easy steps you can do to reload your Easytrip RFID using PayMaya. If you don’t have PayMaya just yet, you can download its app on App Store or Google Play. The app is free of charge to download.
Steps in loading Easytrip RFID using PayMaya
- Open the newly-installed PayMaya app and finish the first-time setup. Once you are in, you should be on the app’s menu. Make sure to reload first using different methods which you will see on the ‘Add Money’ tab of the app.
- After adding balance to your PayMaya account, go to the ‘Bills’ section and find ‘Tollways.’ You will be given options to whether load an Autosweep RFID or Easytrip RFID. Since we are on the topic of Easytrip, click on this to get started.
- Type in your Easytrip RFID’s account number and the amount you wish to add. If you aren’t sure of your Easytrip account number, you can find it on your Easytrip RFID card which is given to you the moment you install its RFID sticker.
- Take note that PayMaya is including a Php 10 charge, or biller convenience fee (BCF), for every reload you do with the app. As such, it is important to top-up your PayMaya account with more balance than your desired amount for your Easytrip RFID to avoid reloading again.
- After confirming the details on your Easytrip RFID reload, PayMaya will provide a receipt that you can save on your gallery. You will also receive an SMS from PayMaya to confirm your recent transaction.
How to check your Easytrip RFID balance
Traversing an Easytrip expressway without the necessary balance can be a hassle as you will be asked to pull over to reload. Instead of saving time by driving on expressways, you are ceased. That said, it is important to check your Easytrip RFID balance to make sure that the balance you reloaded was successfully transferred.
Don't reload while driving
If you can download the Easytrip app, then you could use this to view your balance. But if you are encountering errors using the app, here are simple steps you can do to check your Easytrip RFID balance using your smartphone.
- Open any internet browser on your phone including Chrome, Safari, and more.
- Type in the website https://easytrip.reload.ninja to get started.
- You will be asked to put your Easytrip account number. To find it, you can look at your Easytrip card given to you after you installed an Easytrip RFID stick on your car.
- The website will provide your current balance after you click on ‘Get balance.’ Easytrip will also give you the option to reload your card with Php 500, Php 1,000, or Php 1,500 via select bank partners.
We recommend that you save the page on your smartphone’s bookmark so you can just click on it. This way, you won’t have to look for the exact website address next time you decide to view your Easytrip balance.
Why you should consider reloading via PayMaya
Using PayMaya for your Easytrip RFID is more convenient as you can reload on the go. Even if you forgot to top-up last night, you can still do it on the way to an Easytrip expressway. Just make sure to pull over to a waiting area first before doing so for safety purposes.
7-eleven is a common reloading site for Easytrip accounts
You won’t need to visit reloading stations such as 7-eleven to reload. Reloading stations tend to have long queues which can delay your trip especially now that the country is transitioning to a cashless toll road transaction. With PayMaya, you can reload before leaving your home or workplace.
Another benefit of using PayMaya is that you can the app to pay other bills aside from Easytrip. On the ‘Bills’ section, you will find that you can also pay the charges for your government, electricity, and credit card bills.
Try Paymaya to pay for your bills
The only factor you need to consider when reloading your Easytrip RFID using PayMaya is that it comes with a Php 10 biller convenience fee (BCF) for every transaction. Plus, you will need to subscribe to a data plan if you decide to top-up on the road.
Easytrip Reload: FAQs
Q: What is Easytrip?
Easytrip Services Corporation is a tag issuer used on expressways managed by the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC).
Q: Can I use PayMaya to reload my Easytrip account?
Yes, you can use PayMaya to reload your Easytrip account. If you already have an account, go to the ‘Bills’ section and find ‘Tollways.’ You
should see Easytrip from here.
Q: What expressways are included on my Easytrip account?
You will need an Easytrip account if you decide to traverse North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX), Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX), C5 Link, and Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX).
Q: How much is the charge for reloading my Easytrip using PayMaya?
Reloading using PayMaya will cost you Php 10 for the biller convenience fee (BCF). You will be charged for every reloading transaction.
Q: Where can I reload my Easytrip account?
There are different ways you can reload your Easytrip account. You can go online using PayMaya to top-up. You can also visit any of Easytrip’s reloading sites including 7-eleven.
Here at Philkotse.com, we value your interest in the automotive industry. Visit our website to find out more.