You might have read our last article on Three advantages of bigger wheels. In order to provide you with comprehensive perspectives in considering to equip your vehicles with huge wheels, today we would like to give your 4 reansons why people would not want bigger wheels for their cars.
1. Slower acceleration
How much depends on engine HP and torque. So let’s say you start off with a big engine which develops decent amount of horsepower, decrease in acceleration will be minimal. On the other hand, if your car comes with a 1.8-liter engine and you want to mount 19 inch staggered wheels, you might be disappointed by results.
A car engine find it more difficult to rotate larger wheels, making for a decrease in overall acceleration
2. Less comfortBigger wheels have the potential to make your car less safe and comfortable by making it harder to handle as tires have more contact with the road. And, of course there is no cheap solution to this problem. Regular tires have some drawbacks when they comes to concerning and traction, but they do make riding in your car so much better. So, are bigger wheels better?
>>> View more: 7 must-know things to consider before buying a used car
3. Increased fuel consumptionIncreasing your tires will decrease the driving force from your wheels which will culminate in a decrease in acceleration. Moreover, fuel economy will inevitably suffer as well due to the engine having to work harder to rotate the wheels.
Fuel economy will inevitably suffer as well due to the engine having to work harder to rotate the wheels
4. CostAre bigger wheels a waste of money? Sure. If you got the average wheels with decent tires, they will cost you as much as two thousand dollars or more, depending on manufacturer. That is if they are new. If you are willing to pay for second hand wheels with used tires, you will spend half of that. The same rational can be applied to what options a person chooses.
How wheel size affects car design - Autoline Daily 1243
All in all, having big size wheels can bring both pros and cons to your beloved vehicles. Make sure you have considered all factors carefully before taking the leap.
Click here to read more helpful tips for car driving and maintenance.
- Best Toyota Rush Accessories in the Philippines to modify your vehicles Jan 08, 2020
- Toyota Rush vs Avanza - 2 MPVs from the same manufacturer: Which is better? Sep 18, 2019
- Toyota Rush vs Honda BR-V: Comparison of specs, features, price & more Sep 04, 2019
- Recall Alert! Toyota Issues Service Recall Advisory for Toyota Rush Jul 24, 2019
- 7 reasons why the Toyota Rush is a good buy in 2020 Dec 27, 2018