The Christmas rush is compounding problems that continue to plague the installation of RFID stickers, particularly for NLEX Corporation that oversees the North Luzon Expressway. In particular, traffic buildup has been observed at toll plazas where vehicles converge.
Easytrip is moving RFID installation away from the toll gates
As a short-term solution, the company announced that it will be relocating the installation sites away from the toll booths effective December 14.
The move is expected to prevent congestion at the lanes, especially during peak hours when the volume of vehicles is at the highest.
13 Frequently Asked Questions on RFIDs for Philippine Expressways
Most of these locations can accommodate walk-in applicants, so online appointments are not necessary. There are also appointment-only installation sites.
Most of the venues observe specific business hours, while some are open 24/7. And a handful of these is exclusive to Class 1 vehicles, while the rest can service all vehicle classes.
These are the new RFID installation sites along NLEX:
- Balintawak Weighing Station – right side after toll plaza (Class 1)
- Bocaue Weighing Station – right side after toll plaza (All Classes)
Monday – Saturday (6:00 a.m – 8:00 p.m.), Sunday (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- Balagtas Easytrip Tent – before toll plaza entry (All Classes)
- Tabang Easytrip tent at Customer Service Parking Area (Class 1)
Monday – Sunday (6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- San Fernando Easytrip Tent before Southbound Entry (Class 1)
Monday – Saturday (6:30 a.m. – 8:00 pm)
- San Fernando Easytrip Tent at Customer Service Parking Area (Class 1)
Monday – Saturday (6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- Petron Lakeshore Northbound (Class 1
- Angeles Easytrip Tent before toll plaza entry (All Classes)
Monday – Saturday (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- Karuhatan Easytrip tent after toll plaza - Santolan Overpass (All Classes)
- Petron Marilao Northbound (Class 1)
- Petron Bocaue Southbound (Class 1)
- Shell Burol Northbound (Class 1)
By appointment (Class 1 only)
- NLEX Drive and Dine
- Balintawak Easytrip Tent Customer Service Parking Area
- Mindanao Easytrip Tent near Que Grande Overpass (after toll plaza)
- Marilao Toll Plaza Southbound Entry Parking Area
- Sta. Rita Easytrip Tent (before toll plaza northbound entry)
The Meycauayan Drive-Thru installation at East Service Road can accommodate Class 1 and Class 2 vehicles on specific days, depending on the plate number.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday (6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) for plates ending in odd number
- Tuesday/Thursday/ Saturday (6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) for plates ending in even number
- Sunday (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Find more traffic updates at Philkotse.com.
Joseph Paolo Estabillo