"We are considering BR-V for Philippine production," stated Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. (HCPI) President Noriyuki Takakura after the opening of the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show.
Accordingly, it is highly likely that the Honda BR-V will snatch the title from its brother City to be assembled in the country. In other words, it could become new Honda’s “pillar” on our shores. In truth, the current Honda BR-V is now one of the best sellers in SUV segment; more particularly, it ranks the third place in HCPI’s best-selling list.
The Honda BR-V is now one of the best sellers in SUV segment
Frankly speaking, in the context of increasingly strong response from our auto market, the Honda BRV for assembly with Complete Knocked Down (CKD) kits from Japan here is a rational decision.
The Honda BRV for assembly with Complete Knocked Down (CKD) kits in our country is a rational decision
According to latest updates in auto industry, the second-gen Honda BR-V could be assembled at the Santa Rosa plant in Laguna. However, we have to wait as the next-gen BR-V is still being conceptualized and possibly, it would come in 4 or 5 years.
Lastly, the new shift in the Honda BR-V production means that the Honda City will no longer be built in the Philippines. Perhaps, the saloon will be sourced from Thailand, as claimed by Takakura.
>>> Click here to keep updated with the latest car news in the Philippines and all over the world
- Honda Cars PH service deals offer 40 percent discount on BR-V tires Aug 03, 2020
- 2020 Suzuki XL7 vs Honda BR-V Comparison: Spec Sheet Battle Jul 23, 2020
- Honda BR-V vs Honda Mobilio Philippines: Sibling rivalry Aug 03, 2020
- Toyota Rush vs Honda BR-V: Comparison of specs, features, price & more Aug 04, 2020
- Let's take a closer look at the all-new Honda BR-V 2019 Sep 24, 2020