Lamborghini Huracan marks 20,000th production milestone

Updated Apr 25, 2022 | Same topic: Automotive Industry Updates

It produced 12 road and three racing iterations.

Automobili Lamborghini announced that the Huracan has hit its 20,000th production milestone. The 20,000th model is a Huracan STO (Super Trofeo Omologata) in Grigio Acheso Matt color for a customer in Monaco.

Lamborghini Huracan 20,000th milestone

Lamborghini celebrates the Huracan's 20,000th customer milestone

The Italian automaker said that 71 percent of Huracan owners drive the hardtop coupe version, while the remaining 29 percent comprise owners of the Spyder, or convertible, version. Also, 60 percent of the Huracan units delivered so far have been treated to Lamborghini’s Ad Personam personalization service which allows customers to get their sports car according to their distinct preferences.

32 percent of all sales are from the United States (U.S.), making it the top market so far in the nameplate’s ongoing eight-year run. Completing the top three best-selling market list are the United Kingdom (U.K.) and China.

Lamborghini Huracan 20,000th milestone

The Huracan has been part of the automaker's lineup since 2014

The track-focused STO version played a huge role in bringing back the sales performance of the Huracan to a competitive level after the disruptions brought by the pandemic starting in 2020. Lamborghini boasts a wide array of iterations for the model including the new Huracan Tecnica, designed to be both a lifestyle and track-ready supercar.

With the said production milestone, the Lamborghini Huracan has significantly passed its predecessor, the Gallardo, which sold 14,022 units during its 10-year run in the market. Part of the Huracan’s growing popularity is the brand’s initiative to involve the V10 supercar in various E-sports competitions such as Forza Horizon, Gran Turismo, Rocket League, and Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Lamborghini Huracan 20,000th milestone

Lamborghini Huracan STO

The Lamborghini Huracan will reportedly be discontinued in a year or two as the Italian marque will be focusing on building an electrified lineup by 2024. So far, the Huracan has managed to deliver a thrilling supercar experience with its 12 road and three racing versions.

“The Huracan has delivered an evolution of design, technological know-how, driving adventures, track records, and sales records since its launch. It was designed as a car to provide super sports emotion in every environment, from daily to thrilling performance on track,” said Automobili Lamborghini Chairman and CEO Stephan Winkelmann.

Keep up with the latest car sales news at Philkotse.com.

Know more about Lamborghini Huracan 2022

Lamborghini Huracan

The Lamborghini Huracan Philippines 2022 is a two-door, two-seater sports coupe. Locally, this sports car has a total of four variants. These include the Huracan Evo Spyder, the Huracan Evo Coupe RWD, the Huracan Evo Spyder RWD, and the Huracan Evo Coupe. For pricing details for these models, please contact Lamborghini Philippines.

Under the hood of the Huracan is a V10 engine. On the rear-wheel-drive variants, the said mill can make up to 602 horsepower and 590 Nm of torque. On the All-wheel-drive versions, it can produce 630 horsepower and 600 Nm of torque. The said model then uses a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox with paddle shifters. 

Size-wise, the Huracan is 4,520mm long, 1933mm wide, and 1,180mm in height. The Evo version’s height is much lower at 1,165mm. 

Locally, the Lamborghini Huracan competes against the Porsche 911 Turbo, the Ferrari 488, Audi R8, among others. 

Price available upon request

Explore
Rex Sanchez

Rex Sanchez

Author

Rex Sanchez grew up in Saudi Arabia where he saw and got into the automotive scene. He started his career for an aviation company in the said region, writing about turbines and rotors which are later distributed for educational purposes. And now, he joined Philkotse.com as a staff writer. Currently, he is the youngest on the team and is more than ready to grow in the field.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rexsanchez09

View more