Caltex Fuels, marketed by Chevron Philippines Inc. (CPI), continues its support and appreciation to our frontliners by handing out donations and providing fuel discounts amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We remain optimistic that we will all get through this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. As we all practice social distancing and personal isolation, our frontliners continue to fight the battle for us.
To show our continued appreciation and support, we at CPI and our partners implemented fuel discounts for our frontliners,” shares CPI Country Chairman Louie Zhang.
Northern Star Energy Corp. donates Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to hospitals in Manila and Zambales
To be specific, here are the following aids and donations Caltex Fuels provided and will provide in efforts to fight the current COVID-19 pandemic in the country:
- All medical frontliners, uniformed personnel, local government unit (LGU) frontliners, and delivery partners are entitled to Php 4.00 and Php 2.00 per liter discount from their purchase of gasoline and diesel, respectively. Note that this offer will only last until May 15, 2020.
- Caltex has donated Php 250,000 to the One Voice Pilipinas fund drive of its superstore partner, Landers. Under the program, every P1,000 donation will secure a week's worth of food to a family in need.
- Caltex employees also pooled their resources together and gave P170,000 the Kaya Natin! foundation. Kaya Natin! aids its volunteers in ferrying hospital workers from various pick up and drop off points in Metro Manila.
- Two of Caltex’s branded marketers have also reached out to the frontliners with their respective donation drives. Northern Star Energy Corp. handed over Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that includes N95 face masks, surgical masks, and hazmat suits to the Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center and the Ospital ng Santa Cruz in Zambales.
- Lastly, these Caltex branded marketers also extended help in 43 barangays in Ilocos Sur spearheaded by the retailer of Caltex Candon 3, by distributing live chickens and fresh milkfish to the residents.
About 91 percent of Caltex stations remain operational amid the ECQ implemented in certain areas nationwide. These stations adhere to the 1-meter physical distancing rule and implement regular temperature checks and frequent cleaning of areas with high human touch points on top of the usual hygiene practices and standards.
Here at Philkotse.com, we value your interest in the automotive industry. You can visit our website to find out more.