Cashless toll payment is soon to be completed by San Miguel Corporation (SMC) in all of its tollways by January 2021. SMC President and chief operating officer Ramon S. Ang said its SMC tollways will offer free installation of RFID stickers to everyone who wishes to use its tollways.
The initiative was recommended by the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) through the Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board (LTFRB).
With cashless toll payment, direct hand contact will be limited and social distancing will be maintained amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
SMC President and chief operating officer Ramon S. Ang
The first phase of SMC Tollways plan covers the elevated section of the Skyway, NAIAX, and SLEX and will take effect starting October 15 this year. The second phase will cover the at-grade sections of the three tollways and include STAR Tollways in southern Luzon and TPLEX in northern Luzon starting January 2021.
“We are committed to protecting motorists and our tollway operators and ensuring that everyone’s health is safeguarded by limiting personal contact and going 100 percent RFID on toll roads that we operate,” said Ramon Ang, president of SMC.
Here is the list of RFID installation areas as of June 11, 2020:
- Bicutan CSC
- C5 CSC Southbound
- Petron Commerce Ave.
- Petron C5
- Petron Dasmarinas
- Petron NAIAX
- Shell Magallanes
- C5 Toll Northbound
- NAIAX Main Toll Plaza A&B
- Old NAIAX-Drive Thru
- Skyway Main Toll Plaza (Northbound)
- Ayala Greenfield
- Silangan CSC
- Southwoods (Northbound and Southbound)
- Sta. Rosa (Northbound)
- Cabuyao Toll Plaza (Southbound)
- Susana Heights
- Petron San Pedro
- Shell Mamplasan
- Shell Putatan
- Petron Evia
- Eton (Northbound)
- Mamplasan (Northbound and Southbound)
This will help you get to your destination faster and safer
- Star Toll Lipa CSC
- Petron Lipa
- Petron Malvar
- Tarlac CSC
- Petron Pura NB
- Petron Pura SB
- Carmen Toll Plaza
- Pozorrubio Toll Plaza
- Tarlac Toll Plaza
Here at Philkotse.com, we value your interest in the automotive industry. You can visit our website to find out more.
- Here are ways on how you can safely disinfect your car, according to Nissan Jun 16, 2020
- 2020 Toyota Wigo debuts in PH with updated looks, P568K starting price Sep 24, 2020
- Getting EasyTrip RFID just got easier through online transaction May 29, 2020
- LIST: Open LTO offices in each region (including NCR) amid COVID-19 May 20, 2020
- Expressway toll fees are now free for all medical frontliners Mar 30, 2020