The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) has managed to prepare for the extension of the government-imposed enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in NCR which will now run until April 11, 2021. The agency has rolled out 50 jeepney routes for Authorized Persons Outside of their Resident (APOR) under its Service Contracting Program.
Of note, LTFRB’s jeepney routes are made available for free for all APOR including personnel working in the medical field, as well as essential workers. This is on top of the free rides for health workers that are running since last year. Here is the list of the 50 jeepney routes that should be available indefinitely.
LTFRB Free Jeepney Routes
1. Quezon Avenue - LRT 5th Avenue Station
2. Cubao (Diamond) - Roces Super Palengke
3. PITX - SM Southmall
4. Alabang - Zapote
5. PITX - Nichols
6. Bagong Silang - SM Fairview
7. Litex, Quezon City - Rodriguez, Rizal
8. Cubao - Sta Lucia (Pasig)
9. SSS Village - Cubao via Aurora
10. Balingasa, Balintawak - Muzon, San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan
11. Eastwood, Libis - Capitol Commons
12. PITX - Lawton
13. Filinvest City Loop
14. EDSA Buendia - Mandaluyong City Hall via Jupiter
15. Muzon Central Terminal, SJDM - Novaliches, Quirino Hwy
16. Alabang, Muntinlupa - Buencamino, Muntinlupa
17. Alabang, Muntinlupa - Tunasan
18. Punta - Quiapo via Sta Mesa
19. Divisoria - Gasak via H. Lopez
20. Gasak - Recto via Dagat-dagatan
21. Boni Pinatubo - Stop & Shop
22. Boni (Robinson's Complex) - Kalentong/JRC
23. Rodriguez - BFCT
24. Malanday - Divisoria via M. H. Del Pilar
25. Diego Cera Avenue, Las Pinas - Merville
26. PITX - Tanza
27. Novaliches - Malinta via Paso de Blas
28. Palmera, San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan - Novaliches, Quezon City
29. Pandacan - L. Guinto
30. Munoz - Quiapo
31. Rodriguez (Sub-Urban) - SM North EDSA
32. Alabang - Calamba via SLEX
33. Baclaran - NAIA/Baltao
34. Rosario Junction - San Juan via Pinaglabanan, Ortigas
35. Vito Cruz Taft Avenue - PITX Loop
36. Parang-Cubao (Cubao - Silangan, San Mateo, Rizal)
37. Alabang - Zapote
38. Blumentritt, Manila - Sta Quiteria, Caloocan
39. Bagumbayan Taguig - Pasig via San Joaquin
40. QMC Loop
41. Bigte , Norzagaray – Novaliches
42. Minuyan (Rd 1-2-12), Sapang Palay - Brgy. Kaypian, San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan via City Hall (Dulong Bayan), BSU (Kaypian)
43. Sampol E - Road 12-3-1-2 (Sapang Palay, San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan)
44. Sampol - Meycauayan via Bulac, Sta. Maria, Bocaue, Marilao
45. Malolos City-Meycauayan, Bulacan via NLEX
46. Kawit - Molino, Bacoor
47. General Trias - Molino, Bacoor
48. San Pedro - Calamba
49. San Pedro - San Pedro City Proper to Filinvest Subdivision
50. Silang - Zapote
Stricter health protocols are imposed in ECQ
To avail of LTFRB’s free ride, commuters must present their I.D. to prove that they an APOR. LTRFB, in partnership with the Inter-Agency Council on Traffic (I-ACT), has imposed what’s called the “7 Commandments” which are health safety protocols for all transportation modes under the ECQ. These safety measures include:
- Always wear a face mask and a face shield.
- Talking is not allowed, including answering phone calls.
- Eating is strictly prohibited.
- Transport operators must make sure that there is proper ventilation within its units.
- Disinfection must be done periodically.
- A person with COVID-19 symptoms is not allowed to ride.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
Moreover, LTFRB has encouraged commuters to download the sakay.ph app made available on App store and Google Play. This app should help commuters monitor real-time rides under the Service Contracting Program. The said app also allows users to rate their drivers to make sure that health protocols and safe driving are observed at all times.
Here at Philkotse.com, we value your interest in the automotive industry. Visit our website to find out more.