The Kia Rio 2018 has been announced to get an all-new GT Line version which will be introduced at this year’s Geneva International Motor Show from 8rd to 18th March 2018. Receiving significant revisions both inside and out towards sportier design language, the 5-door hatchback is expected to “grow Rio sales in 2018 and beyond”, according to Kia Motors Europe COO Michael Cole.
The all-new GT Line model is said to own a sportier look
The Kia Rio 2018 GT Line is driven by a 3- cylinder 1.0L T-GDI engine mated to a 6-speed manual transmission which is capable of delivering 120 PS at 6000 rpm and 171 Nm of torque from 1500 to 4000 rpm. Latest car news also suggests that in Q3 this year, the GT Line version might be offered with naturally-aspirated powerplants such as the 1.4L MPi and 1.25L mills, which are possibly connected to the optional 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
Kia Rio 2018 Review
Speaking of the exterior design, the 2018 Rio GT Line is distinguished from its standard counterparts thanks to a refreshed front fascia with:
- Chromed tiger-nose grille painted in glossy black;
- Same ice-cube shaped LED fog lamps found in the pro-cee'd GT and cee'd GT;
- Exclusive set of 17-inch alloy wheels;
- Duel exhaust ports;
- Chromed window trim;
- Gloss black rear spoiler;
- LED daytime running lamps.
Under the hood of the new version is a 3-cylinder 1.0L T-GDI engine
>>> You might also like:
Moving on to the inside, the Korean marque also gives a nip and tuck for the cabin of the GT Line 2018. In detail:
- The steering wheel now comes flat-bottomed and adorned with black leather cover;
- The seats are also wrapped in leather and highlighted by grey contrast stitching;
- The dashboard receives carbon-fiber trim look;
- The gear shifter and door switches feel more premium thanks to the addition of metallic trim pieces.
When it comes to accessories, Kia Rio 2018 GT Line is offered with a number of interesting features such as:
- Heated front seats and steering wheel;
- 7.0-inch 'floating' touchscreen infotainment which is applicable with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay;
- Reverse parking camera;
Other goodies include:
- Driver attention warning (DAW);
- Lane keeping assist system (LKAS);
- Lane departure warning system (LDWS);
- Forward collision avoidance assist (FCA).
The Rio GT Line will be on display at 2018 Geneva International Motor Show
Kia Rio is known as one of the best-selling vehicles of the Korean automaker worldwide. In European market alone, over 54,000 Kia Rio 2017 units have been delivered during the first quarter last year after the hatchback hit the dealerships. In his statement, Mr. Michael Cole shared that the Kia Rio 2018 GT Line were expected to reach further achievement thanks to its improvement in terms of sporty design, superb versatility along with its range of safety and comfort features.
|Model||2017 SRP||2018 SRP||Difference|
|Kia Rio 1.4 SL MT||P735,000||P746,000||P11,000|
|Kia Rio 1.4 SL AT||P795,000||P807,000||P12,000|
|Kia Rio 1.4 GL AT||P955,000||P975,000||P20,000|
|Kia Rio 1.4 DX AT||P845,000||P865,000||P20,000|
>>> Get the latest pricing changes in our Kia Rio price list
- Kia Rio 2019 Philippines Review: More than just a slight refresh May 08, 2020
- Kia Philippines price list - August 2020 Aug 01, 2020
- Kia Motor Philippines Oct 08, 2020