BMW has introduced the updated 2018 BMW 2 Series and M2 model, which will go on sale in July.
Overall, the new BMW 2 Series gets some important changes in both the exterior and interior.
BMW 2 Series gets some important changes in the exterior.
At the front, the car is redesigned with larger air intakes and a revised twin kidney grille. Particularly, full LED headlights offer a new hexagonal interpretation of BMW’s signature twin-circle design, making the car different from the previous models.
At the front, the car is redesigned with larger air intakes and a revised twin kidney grille.
In the back, the BMW 2 Series is also equipped with single-piece full LED taillights with BMW’s classic “L” shape. Besides, this coupe is decorated with four sets of alloy wheels (two measuring 17 inches and the other two 18 inches).
This car is decorated with four sets of alloy wheels.
Concerning the exterior paint color, the German carmaker offers three options for its 2 Series: Mediterranean Blue, Seaside Blue and Sunset Orange.
Inside is where most of the changes are. There’s an updated instrument panel, the latest generation iDrive system which is accessed via a high-resolution 8.8-inch touchscreen. Moreover, the vehicle is furnished with a Navigation Professional System, a wireless phone charger, Apple CarPlay integration, and a WiFi hotspot that can support up to ten different devices at the same time.
Under the hood, customers can choose among the following engine options:
For the 2018 BMW 2-Series:
- 3-cylinder 2.0-liter twin turbo engine with 134 hp and 220 Nm of torque for the 218i trim.
- 4-cylinder 2.0-liter twin turbo engine with 181 hp and 270 Nm of torque for the 220i.
- 4-cylinder 2.0-liter twin turbo engine with 252 hp and 350 Nm of torque for the 230i.
For the 2018 BMW M2:
- 6-cylinder 3.0-liter twin turbo engine with 335 hp and 500 Nm of torque for the M240i.
- 4-cylinder 2.0-liter twin turbo engine with 148 hp and 320 Nm of torque for the 218d.
- 4-cylinder 3.0-liter twin turbo engine with 187 hp and 400 Nm of torque for the 220d.
- 4-cylinder 3.0-liter twin turbo engine with 221 hp and 450 Nm of torque for the 225d.
Additionally, the BMW M2 is also offered a 3.0-liter twin turbo engine, producing 365 hp and 500 Nm of torque, which helps the car accelerate from standstill to 100 km/h in just 4.3 seconds before reaching the excess speed of 250 km/h.