Audi AG is a German luxury carmaker that belongs to the Volkswagen Group. Its name was based on the surname of August Horch, the company’s founder. “Horch” which translates “listen” in German, is “Audi” in Latin.
Its highly recognizable logo, composed of four rings, represents Dampf-Kraft-Wagen or DKW, Horch, Audi, and Wanderer. These four successful automobile companies known for their innovations in terms of speed, versatility, and comfort merged to establish Auto Union, Audi’s forerunner.
The said amalgamation happened in 1932. Their first release was the Audi Front, Europe’s first automobile to integrate a front-wheel drive with a six-cylinder motor engine. The car was produced for two years. It was then replaced by Audi Front UW 225 fitted with a more powerful 2.25-liter engine.
Since then, Audi has released exciting cars that captivated its fans and new followers. Some of their notable vehicles include:
- The iconic Audi R8 Le Mans Prototype powered by a 3.8-liter fuel stratified injection V8 engine that won the prestigious 24 Hours of Lemans five times, the ultra-lightweight DKW Monza desired worldwide for its appealing looks;
- The highly coveted Audi R8 sports car built using an advanced aluminum space frame and a platform in reference to the Lamborghini Gallardo;
- The legendary Audi Quattro powered by a turbo engine paired with an all-wheel-drive system that won the World Rally eight times.
PGA Cars, Inc. is currently the sole importer and distributor of Audi vehicles (and Porsche’s as well) in the Philippines. It is part of the Coyiuto Group of Companies, which is widely known for its real estate, insurance, securities, oil exploration, air transport, and publishing ventures.
- Head office address: Audi Greenhills, 201 EDSA, Mandaluyong City, 1554 Philippines
- Phone number: +63 2 727 0145
- Working hours: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Mondays to Fridays
- Official website: https://www.audi.ph/sea/web/ph.html
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/audiphofficial