Ever wonder what’s the difference between four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive? Do you wonder which is the best choice for your vehicle?
If yes, then this article from Philkotse.com will help you understand whether you need a four-wheel drive or two-wheel drive car and what makes it a good or bad option, as well as major differences between the two.
1. The difference between 4WD and 2WD
What is 2WD?
For the rear wheel drive, the ones doing the work are the rear wheels. They are responsible for pushing the car while its front wheels will be the one responsible for the steering. With this design, there is more even distribution of the parts and weight across the vehicle. This makes the car more balanced and easier to maneuver.
With the rear wheel drive design, the workload is separated between the rear and front wheels which give the car more handling capabilities and more speed. However, rear wheel drive vehicles can be harder to control compared to vehicles with front wheel drive design.
What is 4WD?
2. Which is for you, 2WD or 4WD?
- Off-road driving: A complete guide for beginners May 31, 2019
- Front Wheel, Rear Wheel or All-Wheel drive: Which is better? May 28, 2019
- 5 Pros and Cons to consider before having an off-road modification Feb 13, 2019
- Top 5 best AWD cars for the money in the Philippines Oct 05, 2018
- The ins & outs of car transmission and drivetrain Aug 15, 2018