1. Apprehend the culprits
The car will be put into a dilemma by extreme heat during the summer months
The drivers should know that their car will be put into a dilemma by extreme heat during the summer months. For instance, elevated temperatures will make the cabin overheat. Meanwhile, humidity in the air, caused by summer heat, is the culprit leading to the thick fog to car windows then affecting driver’s visibility accordingly.
2. Protect car engineIn summer, one of the vehicle’s parts which is easily influenced by the heat is the engine. It can stop operating anytime when you are driving under the effect of overheating. That leads to the inconvenience, towing expenses or even danger for drivers.
One of the vehicle's parts which is easily influenced by the heat is the engine
There are some solutions for this case that will be very simple to follow. At first, make sure that the mechanical condition of the engine must be in pretty good working order. Next, you can easily cool down the engine if the water pump is placed on “normal”. In addition, ensure that the correct belt tension is always offered to proper function.
>>> View more: Tips to protect your car in summer and rainy days
3. Clean air conditioning systemObviously, the car’s air conditioning system will make passengers in car feel more comfortable, especially in summer. Nevertheless, if it has not been carefully cleaned, it will not be cooling right. Therefore, make certain to clean the air-conditioner regularly following the Preventive Maintenance Schedule, or PMS, set by car manufacturers.
Furthermore, it’s a smart choice to use only refrigerants that are standard and recommended. Last but not least, remember to check AC filters because it will keep the car's ventilation and air conditioning system working properly.
>>> Do you know how to get the best summer road trip in the Philippines? Read full our article for useful tips.
Make sure to clean car’s air conditioner regularly
4. Check oils and fluidsEvery car needs motor oils and fluids to keep the engine running smoothly. As a result, drivers must check or even replace them frequently. You need to look under the hood and carefully check engine oil’s color. In case you find the fluids darker than usual, you must immediately use the new oil for replacement.
It’s also an important preventive measure to check and top-up the brake, clutch, power steering, transmission and differential fluids frequently before going on long drives.
Every car needs motor oils and fluids to keep the car engine running smoothly
>>> View more: How to drive safely in heavy rain: 5 essential tips
5. Remember batteryIt is a misconception to believe that car batteries suffer more in cold weather. In fact, "summer heat is the real culprit," said Rich White, Executive Director of Car Care Council. "Many battery problems start long before the temperatures drop. Heat, more than cold, shortens battery life."
Normally, the battery is filled with fluids that evaporates faster than usual when the temperature rises. This is the reason why it is easy to break down in the summer. To prevent it from overcharging or overheating as well as prolonging its life, be sure to charge it at the correct rate, clean the dirt and grease on top.
How to keep car cool in summer
6. Remain a right tire pressure
It's of paramount importance to inflate the tires correctly
The tires is the first part of the car to react to the high mixing (reaction) temperatures absorbed by asphalt roads. To keep a smooth ride, it's of paramount importance to inflate the tires correctly. You should not forget to check and adjust tire inflation pressures based on the information found in the maintenance or car-care section of the car’s owner's manual.
This quotation is also very appropriate to your car. In any circumstances, keep in mind that the Preventive Maintenance Schedule set by the distributor-seller is the key to keep the vehicle running well on the road.
7. "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure"
Don’t forget that the brakes, lights, oil, water, battery, air and gas must be religiously followed. Let do these basic principles of procurement as a habit.
Don’t forget to check and adjust tire inflation pressures
>>> To read more useful tips and advice of driving in various conditions, please click here.