Tata Philippines: Overview & Price list in February 2021
About Tata Philippines
Tata Motors Limited is a progressive Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company known for its wide array of vehicles including vans, buses, trucks, sports cars, passenger cars, military automobiles, and construction equipment. It belongs to the Indian conglomerate Tata Group stationed at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Due to their innovative and premium products, leading car manufacturers such as Daewoo, Marcopolo S.A, Fiat Chrysler, and Daimler-Benz teamed up with them to release well-equipped vehicles.
Tata Motors was established in 1945 and initially focused on rail transport service.
In 1954, the company teamed up with German premium car manufacturer Daimler-Benz. Their fruitful partnership produced contemporary commercial automobiles that were well-received in the Indian market.
In 1991, they released their first passenger vehicle, the Tata Sierra. The three-door car, considered to be the first SUV produced and designed in India, utilized the Tata Mobile platform and is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel engine capable of producing 63 horsepower.
Their other notable releases include:
- The modern-looking Tata Nexon packed with useful features;
- The affordable but highly-reliable Tata Nano;
- The game-changer Tata Zest that could easily compete with other sedans due to its good looking exterior and good performance on the road;
- The people carrier Tata Bolt built a spacious and comfortable cabin and is available in different engine options;
- The ruggedly modern Tata Safari that could go head to head with other off-roaders available in the market today.
Due to its consistent performance backed with overall credibility, Tata Motors acquired the bus manufacturing business of Daewoo in 2004, Land Rover in 2007, and Jaguar in 2008.
Locally, Tata Motors entered the Philippine car market through a successful brand launch at the 10th Manila International Auto Show. In the prestigious event, they showcased their impressive line up which consists of reliable people carriers and other commercial vehicles.
Presently, there are four dealerships of Tata Philippines nationwide: Tata, Cagayan De Oro, Tata, Cainta, Tata Davao, and Tata, Marcos Highway.
- Head office address: Pilipinas Taj Autogroup - Lot 33 Blk 30 Gil Fernando Ave., corner Mt. Everest St., Marikina City
- Telefax: (632) 654-0000
- Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mondays to Fridays
- Official website: https://www.tatamotors.ph/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tatamotors.ph