Dodge Philippines: Overview & Price list in April 2021
1. About Dodge Philippines
History & development
Dodge, formerly known as the Dodge Brothers Company, is an American automobile company known for its powerful trucks and well-built sports car. The Dodge Brothers, Horace, and John founded the company in 1900 and initially offered bicycles.
After two years, they shifted in supplying engines, axles, and transmission to Ford Motors, Olds Motor Vehicle Company, and other reigning manufacturers during that time.
After years of successful partnerships, they launched their own company on November 14, 1914, and introduced Model 30. The vehicle was a success as 249 units were built by the end of 1914.
The rising automobile manufacturer decided to focus on producing more cars for their growing fans and new followers. Two years after, all of their released vehicles became the second in overall sales in the US.
In 1920, the company was sold to Dillon, Reed & Co. for a reported amount of $146million after the death of the Dodge Brothers. Currently, American Italian multinational corporation Fiat Chrysler Automobiles owns Dodge.
Some of their memorable releases include:
- The 1963 Dodge Dart GTS with a 1967 revamped version complete with an iconic, easily recognizable look and a big engine fitted in a lightweight structure;
- The legendary 1969 Dodge Charger featured in several tv shows and movies due to its good looking exterior and powerful engine that emits 375 horsepower;
- The stunning 1962 Dodge Viper is known for its lack of roof and side mirror which gives it a distinct charm;
- The 2008 Dodge Avenger powered by a 2.0-liter “World Engine” and furnished with edgy features;
- The 2014 Dodge Dart SXT equipped with 10 airbags and other contemporary features.
Here in the Philippines, Dodge car models are distributed by the Auto Nation Group Inc. Dodge Philippines’ range of lineup includes the Durango, Charger, and the Challenger. Contact information