1. Jeep Wrangler 2018: Jeep-ey Joyride!
Does the above term ring a bell? If you’re a Filipino and you love music, then yes, it should ring a bell. It sounds similar to a Filipino Ska band named Jeepney Joyride. Also, if you are a commuter and one of your means of transportation is our ever reliable and popular “jeepney” then every single day that you get to ride in it could be clearly classified as your own jeepney joyride.
However, today, we are not going to talk about the local jeepneys or JEEP in the Philippines. We are going to talk about the infamous, flexible, off-road and city road safe and dependable, Jeep Wrangler.
Jeep Wrangler 2018 exudes sporty, strong and classy look
The Jeep Wrangler 2018 just started to arrive recently to the US dealerships and during the course of its arrival in the US, they are already planning its debut in Europe which will happen on September 2018. This upcoming release is similar to its North American counterpart except for some upgrades and addition to the line-up.
2. Jeep Wrangler 2018 - What’s Existing?
Jeep Wrangler 2018’s existing specifications and reviews are awesome as it is. They come in two-door including the Sport, Sport S and the Rubicon. It also came out with a four-door option that include the Sport, Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon.
The Jeep Wrangler Sahara is one of the recently launched models
Externally, they came in nine different, classy colors:
- Firecracker Red Clear Coat Exterior Paint
- Ocean Blue Metallic Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
- Punk'n Metallic Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
- Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
- Bright White Clear Coat Exterior Paint
- Sting-Gray Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
- Mojito! Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
- Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
- Black Clear Coat Exterior Paint
As for engine, they all come in 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine w/ ESS with 6-Speed Manual Transmission. You also have an option to upgrade to 8-speed automatic transmission should you want to.
They also come with 4:1 Rock-Trac HD Part Time 4WD System for the Rubicon both 2-door and 4-door model while its Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System comes standard with Sport, Sport S (for both two door and four door) and Sahara (four door).
2.2. Wheels and Tires
They all come in different set of wheels and tires. Sport (both 2-door and 4-door) comes with 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Steel Styled Wheels, while Sport S (both 2-door and 4-door) comes with 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Tech Silver Aluminum Wheels. Rubicon (both 2-door and 4-door) comes with 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Polished Wheels w / Black Pockets while Sahara comes in 18-Inch x 7.5-Inch Polished Wheels w/ Gray Spokes.
The Sport and Sport S (both 2-door and 4-door) comes with Uconnect® 3 with 5-Inch Display, Rubicon (2-door and 4-door) and Sahara comes with Uconnect® 4 with 7-Inch Display.
The Sport and Sport S (both 2-door and 4-door) comes with Uconnect® 3 with 5-Inch Display
2.4. Safety and Security
Jeep Wrangler 2018 offers all the standard and important safety features that consumers will be looking for in a vehicle. These safety features include:
- Advanced Brake Assist
- Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Electronic Stability Control
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- Hill Start Assist
- Hydraulic Assist Brake Booster: Makes sure that the braking force and car’s performance is consistent in whatever kind of driving situation.
- Keyless Go™ (except for Sport S): This feature is convenient if your key is left inside your pocket, which may happen frequently. This feature will allow you to start up your car without your keys just by pressing the Start/Stop button while stepping on the brake.
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera: This will enable the driver to see if there’s anything blocking the path when he is driving in reverse. This feature is particularly helpful for the driver to see things or blockage that are not visible from the mirrors.
- Remote Keyless Entry (Except for Sport): This feature allows the driver or the owner to lock or unlock the car with just a quick press of a button on the key fob. It can also set a panic alarm with just a press on the key fob.
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry (Optional only for Rubicon)
- Remote-Start System (N / A w / Manual Transmission) (Optional for Sport S and Rubicon)
- RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
- Security Alarm (Except for Sport)
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Traction Control
- Trailer Sway Damping
With all the specs given above for the US release of Jeep Wrangler JL generation, what is in store or what differs it from the Euro version? Let’s take a quick look.
>>> Also check out:
- Jeep Wrangler 2018 makes LA debut
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2018 gets a Sunrider Soft Top Edition
- Jeep Wrangler 2018 prices announced
Jeep Wrangler offers all the standard and important safety features that consumers will be looking for in a vehicle
3. Jeep Wrangler 2018 - What’s New: European Debut
The European-spec Jeep Wrangler 2018 will include two new engines, joining the 3.6-litre V-6 Pentastar that are available exclusively in areas outside Europe, including the Middle East. The two new engines include:
- A 2.2-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel
- A 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine
All these engine options come with new 8-speed automatic transmission and ESS technology.
3.2. Other Additions
Besides the two new engine releases, other features will include the following:
- New LED headlamps and tail lamps
- UconnectTMsystem with Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Touchscreens with pinch and zoom capability. This will come in three different options: 5, 7 or 8.4 inches display screens.
One of the most, if not the most important, specifications for any vehicle. When it comes to safety Jeep Wrangler 2018 will offer the following safety features:
- Blind-spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path detection
- ParkView rear backup camera with vibrant grid lines
- Electronic stability control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation
- Four standard air bags
All New 2018 Jeep Wrangler Redesign Europe Spec Revealed in 2018 Geneva Motor Show
3.4. The Release
Jeep Wrangler 2018 will be available across Europe in September 2018. It will release Sport, Rubicon and Sahara models, all available in two-door or four-door options. Sahara will also be available to be equipped with an exclusive Overland pack. Not only that, it will also include Mopar accessories for more customization options that will surely go along with anybody’s lifestyle.
It’s very enticing and exciting to know that Jeep Wrangler’s Europe debut includes a lot of new things, accessories, options for customization and upgrades. Surely to watch out for in September 2018. Cant wait!
In the meantime, let's check out the up-to-date Jeep Wrangler 2018 prices in the Philippines from Philkotse.com for your further reference:
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport V6||P1,990,000|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S V6||P2,390,000|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S CRD||P2,790,000|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara CRD||P3,090,000|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon CRD||P3,390,000|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Sunrider Soft Top Edition||P2,290,000|
Ivy Kristia Padura